Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Epik High's Map The Soul

The poetry that you whisper will echo
through eternity.
The sound of your breath overflows the ears with
every note in musical history.
I'm picking up the pieces of me.
I'm a jigsaw puzzle that fits together to form a desolate
portrait called 'trouble'.
My heart is a rotting basement.
A convict imprisoned in the prison of self, living in the mix with rats.
Everyone mocked my strait-jacket gestures. Was
so sick, my insides twisting and turning like a moebius strip.
So I turned my ear to my inner self and had a three-way conversation between me, myself, and I.
I was captive to a deceptive sense of good and evil.
Caught in the ways of the world.
I was blind because my two eyes, filled with reality,
decieved me.
Now that I've opened up my third eye,
I can see clearly. You are my inspiration, my eternity and my soul.
Without you I got no reason to go on.
I live by breathing you.
My cocooned soul blossoms into a butterfly and soars.

No reason to live without you

You are my sky
And inside you, I saw the sun
I was living in darkness, but now with the light you've given me
I can harvest the field of my heart.
A kiss that brings Spring.
I let out a long sigh because I'm afriad to let go of winter, but like the two ends of the earth
we push and pull.
We are stuck together, like Nother and South Korea.
From the beginning, we were a one-piece existence splite into two.
In the eardrum that we share,
the world 'love' echoes.
Our meeting was destiny.
Even if you're a beautiful blade. I will place you in my hands.
Even if your heart is like the wind, I will follow you.
Even if I must choose the darkness of hell, I will gladly close my eyes and let go of the light,
for you.

No reason to live without you

You are a bright window
in the prison cell that is life.
A river that is like the sea.
Once I fall in, I can't get out.
My weak feet take me into you.
If you ask for my soul, I will give it to you.

Without you, my heart is an empty theater.
How could I survive the world
with such a weak heart?
I wouldn't last a day. You, my rainy April,
I will protect you till the end of the world.

L.O.V.E you, I was made to be with you, made to be with you, made to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment